Hair extensions are growing popular with women who are losing hair or who want a different look or hairstyle. However, hair extensions are delicate and need proper care and maintenance.
Here are some tips to get the most out of hair extensions:
- Take the help of a professional: You need to consult a professional hair stylist to put the extensions to the hair. You will be satisfied as to the proper colour and texture. Nowadays, the techniques are so versatile that one can blend the extensions with the hair. A two toned look is also possible with extension of dark colour and the hair a light colour.
- Use top quality hair extensions: Get Remy (expensive) or cheap human hair extensions, which are of good quality. Get these customized for you. You have to get the extensions styled so that it looks authentic, lived in, and natural.
- Follow religiously your night hair care regimen: Your hair needs to be stylish, as well as, healthy. Take care to brush hair at night so as to get rid of tangles. Tie up your hair in a braid so that it stays tangle free in the night. Sleep on a pillowcase made of silk or in a silk bonnet at night. This will protect hair from breakage, dryness, and give the strength to withstand application of heat every day.
- Loosen hair: Beware of tying hair too tightly. If you don’t take care of hair properly, it will lead to hair loss or damage. Subjecting it to chemical treatments will cause the hair to fall out.
- Treat your natural hair well: You must treat your natural hair with regular conditioning and care. Experts recommend regular hot oil treatment. This can be done using virgin coconut oil or other oils.
- You must choose human hair extensions and Remy hair in particular: While choosing hair extensions, check whether you are using real human hair or synthetic hair. Real human hair is more durable and looks natural. It can be styled easily. Synthetic hair gets damaged by the use of heat like curlers or straightening irons. Remy hair is the best kind of human hair with roots and ends in the same direction. Remy hair is usually tangle free as the cuticles don’t get caught with each other.
- Seamless extensions of hair: Hotshead hair extensions are attached close to the scalp and not next to the hairline to maintain the look of real hair. It must be applied as per the hair’s natural direction to maintain a flow
- Extensions should match colour of hair: The most common mistake of women is that they don’t choose the right colour of extensions. Nowadays, companies offer a wide selection of hair extension colours from which the right hue must be chosen.
- Safety of hair extensions: Keep your natural hair safe from dirt and damage with proper care and maintenance. Once you take off the hair extensions, it may require a week for hair density to get the normal feel. Continue to consult your hair stylist for routine check up.
Happy styling with human hair extensions!
Author’s bio: She is part of the website excellencehair.com. She is a generator of content and team member of marketing. She has several years experience as a hair stylist. She contributes articles and blogs on hair care and hair styling.
It was two years ago that I officially started doing makeup for brides and the rest of their bridal parties; I can honestly say that it was the best decision of my life. Not only do I get to spend time with people on their special day, but I finally feel like I’m doing something valuable and worthwhile. Some people may think that applying makeup is a simple job, but when you’re doing it for a bride, it has to be flawless and I really do think it is like an art. There are a number of ways that I trained to do my job properly, and also a number of obstacles I needed to overcome on the way. If you’re looking to do something similar, hearing about my own experiences may help you on your journey…
Firstly, I’ll speak a bit about me. I was born in the UK to a loving family and went to school in suburbia. I was never the brightest in terms of maths and science, but I did used to love art lessons and P.E. I didn’t end up going to university and instead I worked in the beauty section in a department store. Over time I started getting really interested in the makeup products and what looked good on people depending on their hair colour and skin tone, etc. I ended up using all of my friends as guinea pigs before I realized that I could actually make a career out of my new found appreciation for cosmetics.
I first enrolled in a general beautician course at my local college where I learned the beginner’s skills for many beauty treatments. I knew that my interest was mainly towards makeup though so I wanted to seek additional courses I could do that would benefit my future. One of the ones I found was from Eyelash Emporium where they taught me that applying eyelash extensions is a lot more precise and intricate than people tend to believe. That allowed me to create more natural and glamourous looking eyelashes for my clients as opposed to using over the counter lashes. I like to stay up-to-date with all the current makeup trends though so I also like attending brand days at department stores so I can see all of the new releases!
My current situation
Now that I’ve been doing bridal beauty for a couple of years, I am looking to employ an assistant! I really never thought I’d be in this position but I’m so glad that I’ve put in the hard work. I’ll be doing a nail course next as I can currently do various manicures but want a few pointers for creating gorgeous nail art for honeymoon toenails. I am hoping that the assistant I find will be proficient in areas where I have space to learn, perhaps in terms of hair and accessory placement. In the long run, I’m thinking towards having my own team of bridal beauty experts who can get the whole wedding party looking fabulous!
Hair is the sensitive part in the human body. Many men and female in the current generation are suffering from hair loss or hair damages. Due to the reason, maintaining a healthy hair has become a dream among them. A healthy hair could bring attractiveness and personality in to your face. Many of us try new hairstyle ideas, to make ourselves look striking. This is one of the main reasons that our hair gets damaged. Hair colouring has become a popular hairstyling trend these days. The colours which are used to colour hair contains many harmful chemicals. These heavy chemical products can easily damage your hair. Hair damage is an annoying problem. However it can be minimized by following proper hair care tips. If you are interested about hair care, here are some of the tips that can be practiced regularly.
Avoid using chemical colouring products
Hair colouring products can change your hair colour instantly within few hours. However these chemicals would give a brassy and dry look to your hair. In order to prevent this, you may try natural hair colouring ideas. Tea and vinegar mixed together with hot water will create a natural hair colouring formula. It is free of chemicals and not harmful.
Eat nutritious food
Nutrition is a must for healthy hair growth and maintenance. Many of us are addicted to fast food consumption. These fast food items do not provide sufficient nutrition that is necessary for normal human body. So it is better to replace your fast food items with healthy eating habits such as green vegetables, fruits, salmon and eggs. These food items contain high volume of nutrition facts that would fulfill your day to day nutrition needs.
Keep away from dandruff
Dandruff is a common hair related issue. Dandruff might cause due to dry sculp. Using chemical hair products is the main reason for dry sculp. Obtaining advices from a dermatologists or using a suitable anti dandruff shampoo helps in curing dandruff issues.
Use shampoo and conditioner
Use a suitable shampoo and conditioner to maintain a healthy hair. There are plenty number of products available in the market. You can choose a suitable shampoo which is suitable for your hair type.
Maintain the cleanliness of your hair
Regular hair wash helps to keep your hair clean and healthy. Whenever you apply oil or hair styling products, try to clean them on the same day. It assures that harmful chemical products are not left in your hair.
If you love to maintain a healthy and perfect hair, then follow these steps. It is really easy and can be implemented easily in order to fight against hair damages.
About the Author: Melissa welsh is an expert blogger and a good writer. She loves to explore her content writing skills under fashion category. At the moment she is writing articles about long layered hairstyles for women. Follow her on Twitter.